Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A New Lesson Learned

I am having a real moment of clarity in my personal life and I would like to share, even at the threat of offending some readers. I have had a most unexpected opportunity (fired for no discernible reason after 5 years of employment) to be home the last 2 months. I have always said that God allows bad things to come into our lives for 2 reasons:

1. He is bragging on us (see:Job!)
or
2. He wants our attention!

I feel strongly that He wasn't bragging on me. I had spent very little time in fellowship with him over the last few years. Between work (60-70 hrs/wk) and life I hadn't given God much time or thought. Which is stunning when you consider I was, at one time, seriously pursuing my Pastoral license! I was enrolled in an online Bible College and getting after it. But one of my greatest weaknesses, when it comes to me faith, has been trusting God to know the best path and be my strength when I face hardships. I've always tried to figure out my own solutions while ignoring the God that created ALL the universe. But this time I had a sense of peace about the situation. I knew God had a plan. And for whatever reason I trusted fully He would supply my needs.

He has shown Himself to be all He was advertised to be: My Provider, My Comforter, My Rock, My Refuge, and My Healer. God seems to be pounding into my soul that this year will be the year of reconciliation. God is reconciling the lost, He is reconciling broken relationships with family, and reconstructing His peoples understanding of Him. I don't know what path the Lord will lead us down, though I know the path we are on now has been clearly shown to us. But I do know my God is able to guide us through any thing this life may bring our way. And I sincerely hope that any and every one will have the opportunity to really know what I just figured out 26 years after I began my journey with Christ. And though I am sure I will fall on my face, I'm a bit clumsy with my walk, I know now what I did not fully know 2 months ago and that is that God loves me and wants my attention. He has my full attention and trust.

CCB
Rejoice in your troubles, for you are not alone!

3 comments:

Oh great One said...

Every day we are learning.

The Funky Bee said...

I'm glad you could learn, be positive and become closer with the lord through your hard times. Sometimes that's what it's all about. Stay positive CCB. It always seems to work better that way!

Oh great One said...

ACK! I'm glad you got a job but now I miss you. :(