Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Okay, I was only kidding about the Apocalypse!

Now I know that most people don't read the synopsis on a blog page, but I felt a little creeped out yesterday by mine and the whole Apocalypse thing when I heard what had happened on Monday. It would appear that we (the big beautiful planet we live on) were almost given a "kiss of death" by an asteroid the size of a ten story building! It was ONLY 45,000 miles from us people! Do you get that? That is CLOSER then the moon!!! They said it would be the equivalent of 1,000 bombs that leveled Hiroshima going off at once. Ummm, I am no scientist or anything but I'm pretty sure that is real bad. Not like "Ishtar" the movie bad, more like your eyes being melted out of their sockets and your flesh peeled away bad. I just hope it's name wasn't Wormwood or Galacticus! If it was I am moving to Mars.

I was recently bit by the unemployment bug, seems people don't like it when you increase sales, lower inventory levels, and improve store conditions. Who knew that was a bad thing?? Not that I'm bitter, because I'm not. That job sucked the soul from my chest at every occasion, and I saw little of my family. The reason that I mention it is because I am appalled by unemployment. How is that you can apply for unemployment and have them NOT pay you for 6 weeks? I was fired! I went to your "Career Center", I've applied @ 31 places in six weeks (or 5 per week. I'm required to apply at 1, don't get me started on that little gem!), and still nothing? Just letters saying "there is a question about your termination or availability"? Huh, what? What if God had not blessed us financially, like He has, we would be in DEEP DOO-DOO! How can our systems of help be sooooo poor at really helping? Don't get me wrong, $250+ a week does not pay my bills, but it would help a little. I think the problem is that so many people abuse this assistance, so that when people who really need it don't get it because it is tied up and slowed down by RETARDS who don't want to work, and want a hand out.

Back to the applying @ 1 job thing: Why only one job? Maryland required minimum 3! One app a week is someone NOT looking for a job! "Uh, yeah I applied at JP Morgan as a branch manager. What, no I have no experience with banking. I've only flipped burgers, but I was looking to diversify my resume!" "That's great, at least you tried! Here's your money, now go buy your beer and cigarettes you crazy fool you!"

I'm sorry this was a little all over! But again, this is CCB and you will get rants damn it! And you will like it! Now go eat your greens and clean your room! Don't give me that look! I ought to.....


CCB
When you are in the dark, look to the Light!

1 comment:

The Funky Bee said...

Uggghh, Unemployment! Isn't that the way with ALL of our systems that are put in place to help the public? They get abused by the losers who don't want to work yet put lots of effort into scamming the system so that when those of us who really need to utilize these services come knocking it doesn't work for us.

Oh well, hang in there CCB. I'm pulling for you and I know you'll find something better soon!